Old July 2nd 03, 07:36 PM
Malcolm Teas

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message om...
"Greg Burkhart (MN)" wrote in message news:NlCMa.18347$926.145@sccrnsc03...
"Malcolm Teas" wrote in message
om...
Agreed. Welcome to the club folks. Here in the Washington DC area we
have:

1) A permanent TFR centered around National Airport.

A permanent TFR? Would it still be a TFR???

They stopped calling it a TFR. It's a "Flight Restricted Zone."

I wonder how it will be marked on the new sectional in August? I'm
wondering if it'll be the blue hached edge of a Restricted area. But,
that's probably too honest a portrayal.

I also think it's weird how the western edge of the flight restricted
zone has a funny angle in it. That's from the isogonic line that it
was originally drawn with reference to. Of course the isogonic's
moved since that chart came out. It shows the general cluelessness
going on.