Old September 25th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Peter R.

Default 430W/When does the glideslope register

On 9/23/2007 2:31:29 AM, scott moore wrote:

After trying the published approach a couple of times,
I then tried using it in a standard pattern. I wanted
to see if I could use it like a standard ILS, where the
GS becomes active on the approach.

I have flown behind my GNS430W approximately six times since my unit was
upgraded and in each case I requested the GPS approach, which is an LPV
approach to 275 foot minimums, upon returning to my home class C airport. For
each of these three approaches I requested vectors to final and also
requested to be vectored onto the final approach course at least three miles
outside the FAF so that I could observe the glideslope indicator.

IIRC the G/S came alive approximately two miles outside the FAF and for the
most part the entire approach acted like an ILS.

--
Peter