Old April 27th 21, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default Two Seat Cobra Trailer Tire Replacement

On Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 3:35:41 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I have a 2009 Cobra trailer designed for a two seat glider. The tires need replacement. The original tires are of size 195/70R14.

I cannot find the direct replacement trailer tires in the United States. I can find passenger tires of the same size, but not trailer tires. There are a couple of trailer tires manufactured of the size 195/75D14. These tires are relatively the same size (0.5" taller), but they are bias ply tires, not radial ply.

It looks like I will have to make a choice between either using a passenger/light truck radial tire or a bias ply trailer tire. Any thoughts on this?

I'm sure there are many folks out there who have the same Cobra trailer. What do you use for a replacement tire?

David Cleveland

Try the Discount Tire Store chain.
https://www.discounttire.com/fitment...size/195-70-14
They show plenty of tires in that original size but I would guess they are meant for passenger cars. However, if others have pointed out, that seems to be less of a concern that previously thought.

Uli
'AS'