Old July 21st 04, 09:57 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message ...
"WalterM140" wrote in message
Would this be the Senate that contained something like 45-50
Democrats? None of whome could be inveigled into signing on?

Yeah, that's weird, isn't it? Tom Dashchle (sp) directed that no senator

sign.

Walt

What are we talking about? It'd be nice if enough of the original topic had
been retained so that we wouldn't have to ask.

George Z.

Sorry. the subject was the certification of Florida electors in 2000.

Walt

So, the comment about Daschle would have referred to something like what Denny
Hastert did with the discharge petition for the vote on concurrent receipt which
got only ONE Republican vote from the entire House? Or doesn't one size fit all
when it comes to politics.....nasty when the Dems do it in the Senate, but OK
when the Repubs do it in the House? Sounds like a case of the whines to me.

What are you talking about?

--

FF