Old August 15th 05, 02:57 PM
Craig

ls wrote:
At my previous job (may it R.I.P.), I got an honest account from a
similar fellow - he'd gotten to the point of solo and quit for good
shortly thereafter.

He had stumbled into a cloud somehow and was in it for what he estimated
was a good 20 seconds or so. He apparently popped out the other side
nearly inverted. He recovered and landed safely, but, according to him,
that incident drained all of his desire to fly. He never got that
interest back.

This reminded me of the following audio clip of a VFR only pilot who
inadvertently ended up in cloud. It worked out OK for him and he was
back flying again later the same day. Now I'm not a pliot, but after
hearing the clip I think you'll agree that's pretty incredible.

warning, this clip is not for the faint hearted

http://www.naats.org/docs/flightassist.mp3