Old January 7th 05, 01:29 PM
Steven Barnes

I've taken my Cherokee 180 up to see how much altitude I lose during a 180
degree power off turn. A 210 degree power off turn. Now if I lose my engine
on takeoff, I know how high I need to even think about an about face to the
runway.

"Ramapriya" wrote in message
ups.com...
Wanted to know if you guys occasionally practice, at a safe altitude
with not too many passengers on board, stuff that *might* come in handy
should something dreadful happens - for example, shutting off an engine
or both and trying to judge, from the aircraft's rate of descent and
distance covered between two altitudes, how far ahead it can possibly
reach before reaching the ground, etc. Just to get a feel of things
real-time.

Or is all of this restricted strictly to simulators?
Ramapriya