Old May 31st 05, 11:58 AM

On Tue, 31 May 2005 04:35:22 GMT, Gord Beaman
wrote:

"R Leonard" wrote:

And for what it's worth, there were even diesel model airplane engines,
at least in the years immediately after WWII. I've a couple of flying
model airplanes my father built in the 1946 to 1950 period so equipped.

Rich

Sure...aren't most model a/c engines Diesel?...I've had several
way back when I was young...(in the fifties) they all had
glo-plugs for starting and none had an ignition system...mine
were all two stroke cycle Diesels... much simpler.

I had 'em, too. They did function on the same principle as diesels,
but were powered by a form of gasoline. They were not powered by
diesel fuel.

The only aircraft trying it today, that I know of, are the Diamond
people. Personally, I'd like to see them "pull it off." Time will
tell.

Bill Kambic