Old May 7th 10, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

Default Near mishap today

Did a simulated power out emergency today, and
killed the throttle near 4500 ft. Established my
best rate of glide (70mph) and as I found my most
viable field to land in, we were going over the
procedures for such an occasion. Eventually I
reached a grassy field that actually looked
decent, surface and all.

As I set up an attitude and realistic entry we
had really lost altitude, and now, I gave it
full throttle. Sputter, sputter. We were dropping.

My CFI's hands were suddenly moving fast as
a blur. It seemed like a long time, and I just
stayed on my landing course fully prepared to
set it in the field, and then Broommm! the engine
revved up and it was climb baby climb!

Now that's one I'm not gonna forget!

---
Mark