Old December 15th 03, 06:52 PM
Ken Mattsson

Default a scroll saw - what should I look for?

In this time of gift buying frenzy, having done the compulsory bit of
getting everybody else their presents, I´ve started the annual drooling over
machinery as usual. The object of my wet dreams lately has been a scroll
saw. Now, the only problem (apart from the usual "bite the bullet" bit, in
other word the price) is there are so many different makes and models to
choose from, so I turn to you for some advice.

What should I look for in a scroll saw, what´s important and what´s not so
important? What makes a quality scroll saw? I´d rather dig a little deeper
in my pockets for a machine that will last and do accurate and neat cuts,
than buy something that looks fancy but doesn´t put up with time and is
impractical to use.

So, what are other RAH readers using? What are your likes and dislikes of
what you have?

Looking forward for your opinions!

Cheers, Ken