Old September 8th 04, 05:33 PM
SelwayKid

Default Crash Videos

I can't believe how the video broohah got this group so stirred up and
how it created animosity that may never go away.
I am a proponent of seeing those videos and see if I can learn from
them. And, to clarify it, I've been flying more than 50 years, got
almost 22,000 hours now and have done just about everything in general
aviation. I've crashed and got scars to show for it. I also learned
from my mistakes and endeavor to pass along the wisdom derived from
them.
I am not published in any Who's Who, and don't make any claims to be
the ace of the base. I don't fly fighter jets, don't do airshows or
demonstrations of high performance aircraft. I don't claim to be a
co-author of any noteworthy publications that weigh 7 pounds and
relate to flight safety.
All I am is a pilot who has done a lot of flying, made a lot of
mistakes and never killed anyone that wasn't supposed to be killed. I
try to conduct myself as a gentleman and professional with due regard
for those I am speaking to. Yes I get abrasive from time to time and
will definately stand my ground when I feel I am right along with an
attempt at a coherent and cogent response.
Over a number of years in my participation on the news groups I think
I have proven my point and position without resorting to profanity.
While I can understand the frustration and desires to do so, it never
was fruitful for me.
So, once again, I am not afraid to look at crash videos and see what I
can glean from them. Disregard the accompanying comments or
descriptions of the bystanders or the audio feed...they are often by
people who can't tell their right from left and ZERO understanding of
what they are looking at? Pick out what you can to avoid doing the
same thing in the future.
There...I feel much better.
OK here it is again.....ATP,ASMELSR(IFR), CFII/RAM Gold Seal (issued
in 1967) and a flight background that makes many people shake their
head. 13,000+ FW and 8,000+ RW worldwide. I'm still active as a CFI FW
and helicopter pilot.
Yes I know there are those who have more and more. I'm just posting it
for my own qualifications and argument position.
As a kind of ????? Those who don't learn from history are doomed to
repeat it? How about accidents and incidents?
Ol Shy & Bashful