Old November 21st 04, 07:43 AM
Carl Frisk

It became FS9 when Microsoft named its folder by default:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9
and began storing application data by default in:
C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9
and it's main configuration file FS9.cfg.

As to the how, when, what, where and why I have no idea. If you are looking for logic you're on the wrong planet

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"rottenberg" wrote in message om...
How could that be? FS6 was FSFW95. That was followed by FS98, then
FS2000 and ultimately FS2002.

"Carl Frisk" wrote in message news:70ind.4976$BX4.1975@trnddc08...
FS9 a.k.a. FS2004 a.k.a. COF (Century Of Flight)

I'm confused - isn't FS9 another name for FS 2002? I have that and it
runs fine untweaked on my system, an older one and not as powerful one
as the first posters.