Old January 23rd 05, 05:49 PM
Henning DE

Hello Jim !

The sailplane was flown by him in 1955 while he had a command in Germany.
I am shure nobody in Germany cared much at that time about Chuck Yeager
having a glider rating or not.
I have no logbook with a "Yeager" entry for this plane, but old clubmembers
assured me that he did fly the aircraft.
At that time it was the only aircraft the club possesed and logbooks were
sometims not kept these days.

HenningDE

"RST Engineering" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I spent some time on the landings.com search engine last night looking to
see if Gen. Yeager had a glider rating on his ticket and I couldn't turn
him up anywhere. Will somebody with a better flair for searching than I
see if they can turn up Yeager's certificate ratings?

Jim