Old January 2nd 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Roger[_4_]

Default You Know You're Old Dept.

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 13:23:40 -0800, Richard Riley
wrote:

On 1 Jan 2007 12:36:00 -0800, "DABEAR"
wrote:

Richard Isakson wrote:

Hey Bubba, if you remember Swift Aire, You ARE old.

Rich

YEAH! And I've got pictures of their aircraft, too!

On tin type in sepia tone! G

Such timely posts. I caught Joyce cleaning the storage room in the
basement. She was checking to see what was in those yellow boxes. At
least she didn't open the black plastic inside to see what was in
that.

There are two unopened *large* boxes of Kodak E-6 processing
chemicals. Three bottles of T-Max developer. (Two unopened and one
collapsed) you know which one had been opened. Uncounted boxes of Jobo
Chrome and E-6 processing kits. I liked Jobo's 3 step process for
color negatives. One minute develop, one minute wash, one minute fix.
they didn't count the 10 minutes in the washer afterwards.

I've forgotten how many steps were in the Kodak kit, but it seems like
I kept running out of bottles of counter top space when developing
slides. So you can understand why I liked the Jobo process. I still
have the motorized, temperature controlled processor too.

That was the nice thing about color though. Same developer and
process times for all negatives. And slides used their own developing
process but again, all were E-6, or you sent them in.

I have a huge enlarger for large format that I've never used. It was
old when I got it. I threw out all the commercial color print
processing stuff I had. Couldn't give it away. Now I wish I had that
big SS tank back.

Heck, tintype musthave been the latest thing, then. I'da figgured it
for glass wash negatives...

In one of my photography classes I we had to make our own
photosensitive material, coat and dry the paper and then make prints.

Pinhole cameras. One kid decided to do a shot of the campus. He
planted this large card board box on the steps of the administration
building overlooking the campus. He painted on the box: " This is a
camera, Please do not move". The Prof had to go down and get him out
of the city jail due to the bomb scare and this was in 88 or 89.

At any rate, what started out to be a "work in the shop" evening has
turned out to be a sort out chemicals, clean bottles, find old
photography stuff and RESCUE old photography stuff with the admonition
of Please don't open any more of those yellow boxes.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com