Old November 20th 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kevin Clarke

Default a major marital breakthrough

So after being licensed for 2 years now, I finally got my wife to go up
with me. I picked a mostly windless (6kts), flat grey day. No
convection, no bumps.

We departed downwind from 32 KFIT to go look at our roof. The usual
scenic first flight thing to do. At about 2300 feet she panicked (or
nearly so) and made me go back. No problem. We didn't get to take a lap
around the mountain (Mt. Wachusett in Central Mass). The little wiggles
you always get in the air proved to be too much.

An uneventful 45 entry to the pattern, back to the airport and the best
landing I've done in months. Extra extra extra careful on flare.

So 24 minutes engine time. Still a resounding success! Just getting her
to get in the plane was a major accomplishment. And hell, any day you
get to fly, even for 20 minutes or so, is still a great day! :^)

KC