Old August 3rd 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default OSH attendance

From what I saw in the North 40 this year, attendance was about the same
as last year. Anybody who was there see a big difference this year?

Just back from 7 glorious days camped on the field (more to come on that),
and I am relieved to report that attendance appeared to be UP from last
year, if only a smidge.

After watching GA flying dwindle to almost nothing around here this year, we
were truly concerned that we'd find the grounds empty -- but it appears that
everyone saved their nickels all spring so that they could buy enough gas to
get to OSH!

Another good sign: Our fly-in pool party and HOPS party were well-attended,
and Mary led a flight of eight planes into the FISK approach last Sunday
morning -- up from seven in '07. Perhaps we've weathered the worst of the
GA slump, and people are getting back into the sky?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA