Old December 31st 04, 01:50 AM

Excellent info. Thanks!

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 18:55:39 -0600, "Mike Murdock"
wrote:

I suspect your biggest hurdle will be insurance. You'll want to work with a
good broker who has experience with transitioning pilots into cabin-class
twins, before you buy a plane. While there are only a handful of
underwriters, a good broker can present your case so that you will get
insurance, where another broker might just submit your flight times and then
give you the "everybody declined" news.

As to flying "4 - 6 people on medium to long trips," you might want to work
some weight and balance and fuel consumption scenarios for your intended
aircraft. You can buy POHs at http://www.esscoaircraft.com/.

I'd also recommend that you visit Jerry Temple's web site:
http://www.jtatwins.com. Jerry is an airplane broker specializing in twin
Cessnas. I bought a T310R through him, and can vouch for his honesty and
integrity. His web site has a lot of information about the purchase
process.

There is also a wealth of information available through the "Twin Cessna
Flyer", a type organization. Their web site is http://www.twincessna.org/

Best of luck on your adventure.

-Mike