Old June 6th 15, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Debunking Glider Spoiler Turns Causing Spin Thinking

On Sat, 06 Jun 2015 08:42:02 -0600, Dan Marotta wrote:

We can beat up theory all day, but what about practice?

I don't give a sh!t what I do with the stick when I open the brakes, nor
what is the arc hyperbolic cosine of the angle of the dangle, nor what
the glider does in response. When I deploy the boards, I also operate
the flight controls to make the flight path do what I want.

Or you can be debating theory as you proceed merrily towards the ground.

Well put, sir.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK