Old April 9th 05, 02:13 PM
Doug Carter

Nicolas Dufour wrote:
Hello

I'm doing a little poll among you to know if in your pilot activities you
are using Linux applications, for flight planning, navigation reports, etc.

Not specifically a Linux solution but perhaps applicable anyway:

I happen to have FreeBSD (Unix) workstations and a Mac (again FreeBSD based) laptop.

My solution was to use all web based planning tools. I gathered my favorite weather links and links to DUATS & ENFLIGHT on a private web site. This way I have have a consistant planning platform accessable from any computer regardless of operating system.