Old July 11th 03, 11:46 AM
S. Ramirez

"Kevin Chandler" wrote in message
I have the same issue with an NDB approach into Butler Co. (HAO). The
reason for the circling only at HAO deals with the differences between the
MDA(1200) and the airport elevation(633). The FAA does not consider it
possible to descend with a straight-in approach in a safe manner per the
FARs; therefore, they only publish a circling minimum. It does not mean
that you can't do a straight in. I suspect you have the same issue where
your MDA is 600 ft and the airport elevation is 55. Have you flown this
approach? Is it easy to get down to the airport while at the MDA and at

the
MAP?

Yes, I have, Kevin. Here in Central FL the land is very flat. There are no
obstructions close by either. It has to be something other than the delta
between MDA and airport elevation.

Simon