Old March 28th 07, 01:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Roger[_4_]

Default yet another annual story - day three (finished)

On 27 Mar 2007 10:27:31 -0700, "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

On Mar 26, 5:40 pm, Bob Noel
wrote:
Nothing to say except wrapped up the annual.

24 hours of time for the two mechanics, which included installing the
knots-2-U strobe (which is NOT a 6.5 hour job), plus some of my time
opening and closing the various panels.

A three day turn on an annual inspection plus an STC install is pretty good.

Now I'm looking forward to some flying weather and time off from work...

--
Bob Noel
(gave up looking for a particular sig the lawyer will hate)

WOW, My record for an annual is 3 weeks. Some have wondered if its
called an annual because it takes a year.

I've had the Deb since around 92 or so. Most annuals have run about a
day and that includes a gear retraction on jacks. The last two were
two days as the mechanic had to work alone. They also have to pull
the seats (ever try to line up a Bo seat to get it back on the
tracks?) and spar cover to get at the retraction mechanism and inspect
the carry through. Oil change, set timing, check compression, check
and clean plugs, degrease engine, pull all access covers and check
controls and check all ADs. Mechanic keeps these on computer so it's
a relatively quick check and if you have an AD, annual time is the
best time to tackle it.

I do a progressive maintenance program so there is seldom much that
needs fixing. A few times we've changed brake pads.

-Robert

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com