Old July 31st 03, 08:21 AM
Roger Halstead

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 22:20:14 GMT, Richard Lamb
wrote:

Save that protective "paper" that peels off to expose the sticky.

Very handy with Stiffs when ironing problem spots.
It won't stick to the poly stuff (within reason anyway).

It also makes a good substitute for masking tape when using resin.
Actually it's better than masking tape as the adhesive on the tape
seems to go to pot around Vinyl Ester Resin. You sure don't use
Vinyl Ester Resin around styrofoam either. Unlike Epoxy, the resin
dissolves the styrofoam.

Corky Scott wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 18:19:29 GMT, Roger Halstead
wrote:

snip

Roger, I've found rolls of sandpaper, sticky on one side so as to rip
off what you need and stick to the sander at hardware stores. You can
also get that stuff at auto parts places, especial those that cater to
the auto body business.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the suggestions.

I've already tried the local hardware stores and building supplies and
came up with zilch, but hadn't thought of the auto stores.

I have to go to Mt pleasant tomorrow (Monday) so I may hit up the
hardware and builder supply stores there...

Sears doesn't carry the stuff in Midland...then again I'm beginning to
believe that store is on the way out. They just reduced the stuff
they carry by quite a bit. Eliminated the paint department, reduced
the home plumbing section to just slightly more than zilch...they are
taking on the appearance of a store in deep trouble.

Finding those big rolls with the self stick back would be great.

Well, better turn into a pumpkin...It's nearly 3:30 and my appointment
is at 1:30 over there.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

Corky Scott