Old April 30th 19, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Default PowerFLARM Tips Document Update

On Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 8:39:21 AM UTC-7, kinsell wrote:
I've never been to one of the big events at Nephi, but I always assumed
the requirement for PF was for safety, rather than leeching purposes.
Does everybody there use it for leeching? I assume some people actually
know how to find their own thermals?

On 4/29/19 6:34 AM, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

6500 is more than I need here in Minnesota too, but it is needed when we take the glider to Nephi. I don't see any reason to reduce the vertical range when flying in Minnesota.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

On Sunday, April 28, 2019 at 5:21:10 PM UTC-5, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at 9:56:48 AM UTC-4, kinsell wrote:
When you set the Flarm vertical range to 6500 feet...

Nice out-west conditions... 6500 is 2X the AGL cloudbase where I soar.

Everybody uses it for leeching.

Richard