Old June 15th 18, 12:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Neil Goudie[_2_]

Default THE LONG AWAITED BREAK THROUGH IN BATTERY TECHNOLOGY HAS BEEN FOUND

I think this is known in the trade as 'Click-Bait'.....a technique used by
traditional media to raise profile and avoid falling circulation figures.

I agree with John that the evidence is slightly different to this potential
story.

I will also keep my subscription to the British Gliding Association's
Sailplane and Gliding - a publication that doesn't resort to tabloid
journalism to grab the attention of its readership.

At 02:31 15 June 2018, wrote:

There is a small company based outside Marseilles, who will by mid 2019

be
=
mass producing a new type of battery, the advantages of which will blow
you=
r mind apart. The French company believe their products offers massive
adva=
ntages to Electric Vehicles =E2=80=93 i.e. self-launching motorgliders.

By combining the unique strengths of lithium batteries with an all new
craz=
y-fast charging and carbon ultra-capacitors, the combination results in
mas=
sive weight savings of more than a third of current power supplies.
Rechar=
ge times can be measured in seconds. (Like half the time it takes to

fill
=
your tank with fuel). To this add the life span of this new power storage

=
- it will accept up to a million charge cycles.=20

This is a story that =E2=80=9Cwill blow your mind=E2=80=9D and it appears
i=
n complete detail in the July issue of Gliding International.

You can buy of renew your subscription at our web site -

www.glidinginternational.com