Old January 20th 20, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default WWGC.

On Sunday, 19 January 2020 12:31:39 UTC, wrote:

At yet another, our two pilots in one class were about 30 km to the south, wondering where they were going to get the final decent climb in a not very promising sky. There might be a useful cloud a mile or two south of the last turn, I said. How did you spot that, I was asked afterwards. To be honest, I'd been watching it a few minutes, and I wasn't sure. It looked like it might be falling apart as you got a chance to approach it, so I nearly didn't mention it, then George Moffat said something nice about it.

Apologies if anyone might have thought George M was helping the opposition, or I was taking unfair advantage

This was a Pre-Worlds, and a practice day.