Old January 21st 20, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default wanted, a tail dolly for a Grob 103 Twin II

We have three G103's in our club and have dollies for all three. Yes, they are, as gliders go, light in the tail. However we have many new pilots who figure the best way to maneuver the glider around a paved taxiway corner is to pull hard. Without the dolly you go through tail wheel tires really fast. If you're the average club pilot, that is an acceptable loss, but if you're the guy replacing the tires it can become a real pain.

Taxiing in a stiff crosswind, best to leave it off.