Old January 6th 04, 03:12 PM
Cy Galley

You ought to come to the Mississippi River Valley. The large V flights
happen many times a day and the Vs get larger and more numerous. They also
make a mess with the excrement on the bike paths and parkways along the
banks.

Cy Galley - Webmaster www.qcbc.org

"Model Flyer" wrote in message

"RobertR237" wrote in message

clear blue (severe clear) without a cloud in sight and there, high

overhead
were two large, almost perfect "V"s moving across to the south.

Their song was
loud and clear since it was early enough that the human noise was

subdued and
still enough for the sound to travel a long way. A truely

beautiful sight that
has become less and less frequent over the last few years.

We have wetlands to the north of Wexford Harbour here in the South
East of Ireland, this is home to many wild birds inclunding up to
12,000 Greenland Whitefront Geese. Having to herd these geese off
local farm land onto the local reserve was on of the jobs I did
almost 20 year ago, gave me great respect for the flying ability of
geese.

Geese have been observed at 33,000 feet on rout back to Greenland.
--
---
Cheers,

Bob Reed