Old July 15th 04, 04:34 PM
Bill Hale

"Bill Chernoff" wrote in message news:vYZIc.9077$od7.923@pd7tw3no...
Hi Everyone,

I have an Aero Mechanism 8140B-20 Altimeter/Encoder. Does anyone happen to
have a pinout for this model? Or any ideas on where to find one? The google
search turned up an Aero Mechanism CNC, but they are not the right guys.

tia

Bill

Reverse Engineering Aeromechanism 8040 type Bendix connections

A+ R

Gnd H

A1 L
A2 K
A4 A

B1 J
B2 B
B4 F

C1 C
C2 E
C4 D

Gnd P

Jumper M-N

These come from a harness diagram for a
14 v airplane that did once work.

It might be that there is a D output... for you high
flyers. There is one pin, G, unaccounted for on the list
above. I'm not sure all Aeromechanisms would have this.

I believe that one of the grounds is a ground for the LEDs
and one is for the output phototransistors.

I think the jumper from M-N adjusts the current for 14v.
I'd guess that you would leave it out for 28v. You could
measure between them and see if it was a few hundred ohms...
that would confirm the theory.

That's the best I can do. Bill Hale