Old August 27th 04, 07:25 PM
xyzzy

Jay Honeck wrote:

starts at $25k, needs fabric work, good winter project!

If it "starts at $25k" -- that's a "reserve"...

I disagree. A reserve is naturally deceptive, as it's a minimum price
which is higher than the current bid, but which is not being revealed to
bidders. I never understood why people have a reserve rather than just
starting bidding at their "reserve" price, I guess they are hoping if
they start low a bidding frenzy will carry people past the reserve into
the stratosphere. It must work because it's such a commonly used tactic.

I never bid on reserve auctions unless the reserve has already been met.

JMO