Old January 18th 05, 11:36 PM
Bob Gardner

Got all my ratings/certificates through CFII with the wing on top, then went
to work for a Piper school. No problem.

Bob Gardner

"Jack Allison" wrote in message
I find myself in the position of having just under 200 hours in Cessna
172s/152s (99% C-172 time), approximately 9 hours in an Archer, and in the
process of making an offer on an Arrow. So, I'm well on my way from being
a high wing to low wing convert. I'm wondering how many other folks out
there did their primary training with the wing on the top then switched to
flying (or even better, buying) one with the wing on the bottom...or even
the other way around? Any issues, likes/dislikes about the transition?

It's funny because I started out researching Cardinals (still like them,
have yet to fly one but really want to some day). Two weeks ago, things
shifted gears with a different partner on a possible Cherokee. Then, a
week ago, this same partner has a friend who found a really nice '67 Arrow
that the three of us are going to make an offer on. Adding it all up,
four potential partnership prospects and four aircraft prospects (first
potential partner bought himself a C-172 XP and offered me 1/2...I
declined based on a questionable engine). The Arrow deal isn't done yet
but it's interesting to see how things have twisted and turned a bit in
the last few months. One thing is for sure, I've definitely hooked up
with a couple of partners that I'm very comfortable with. That in and of
itself has been worth it. Should the Arrow deal fall apart, plan-B just
might be a two way deal on a Cherokee.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL, IA Student, Student Arrow Buyer

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci