Old January 19th 05, 12:55 AM
PaulaJay1

In article , Jack Allison
writes:

I find myself in the position of having just under 200 hours in Cessna
172s/152s (99% C-172 time), approximately 9 hours in an Archer, and in
the process of making an offer on an Arrow. So, I'm well on my way from
being a high wing to low wing convert. I'm wondering how many other
folks out there did their primary training with the wing on the top then
switched to flying (or even better, buying) one with the wing on the
bottom...or even the other way around? Any issues, likes/dislikes about
the transition?

I did my private training in a Piper 140. Then IFR training in a Cessna 172
and then rental in the 172 for about a year before buying my Archer 9 years
ago.

I like the ground vis in the 172 when crusing, the ground vis in the Archer
when turning in the pattern. I found that the wind gusts got under the Cessna
wing a little more than the Piper when landing. I like the ground effect in
the Piper when touching down (some people don't and call it float). The
Archer/Arrow choice has some pros and cons too. A little more performance for
a little more maintenance(or maybe a lot). I like the "welded" wheels and
prop.

I like the 2 doors better but don't think that is a high/low wing question.

Chuck