Old May 22nd 07, 04:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Justin Gombos

Default Soft field landings - low wing vs high wing aircraft

On 2007-05-22, Newps wrote:

Then you're flying too fast.

I would agree. But if an aircraft requires more precision on the part
of the pilot, then that's a factor in itself, and in fact it's a
strike against it.

So it seems the low wing confines pilots to a smaller range of speeds
in this scenario, making it less tolerant of speed deviations, so what
am I getting for the extra effort? Is the ground roll over turf a
noticeably smoother ride in a low wing? Is it less likely to have the
landing gear sink into soft spots? I'm speculating that that's the
case, but it could all be negligeable for all I know.

--
PM instructions: do a C4esar Ciph3r on my address; retain punctuation.