Old January 24th 16, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Reducing PPG Concept Urethane

On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 8:46:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Thanks! Do you make any adjustments for cold weather?

No.
Using slower reducer also helps flow out at the expense of recoat time. Even in cool(70 or less) shop I use medium temp reducer to get better flow out. It adds a few minutes between coats but makes it easier to get a bit better result.
For acrylic urethane I use a turbine HVLP system which gives a big pattern and has no water in the air. I can't make myself use my $400 gun for polyester topcoat so I do get a few fish eyes in that.
FWIW
UH