Old July 4th 13, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Older Cobra trailer behind RV

On Thursday, July 4, 2013 8:27:30 AM UTC-4, JJ Sinclair wrote:
On Wednesday, July 3, 2013 12:13:50 PM UTC-7, wrote:

I seem to remember something about older trailers having trouble

when towed with RVs, but I can't dredge up any info on the issue

with Google searches. Does anyone remember the scoop on this?

I bought an RV over the winter and will be towing my older model

(1984 I think) Cobra trailer with it to a contest later this month.

Thanks,

Matt

Remove the screw-down wheel from the tongue as it is the first thing to hit and becomes the fulcrum as the rear of your motorhome continues down the curb and the tongue tries to lift the rear of your motorhome. Check for cracks just inside the trailer at every gas-up along with checking all tires and hot wheel bearings.

JJ

I always pull that wheel off, even just to pull the trailer over to the wash
stand. All the rest of the advice is great -- thanks, folks! I'll see you at
R3 UH, with glider still attached!

Matt