Old July 20th 03, 07:30 AM
Roger Halstead

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:03:58 -0700, "David Brooks"
wrote:

"Roger Halstead" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 13:26:18 -0700, "David Brooks"
wrote:

Is that 10db limit really a common restriction? I suppose they mean there
are local ordinances (nothing in the several CCR's I've read recently).
Small planes at 500ft probably exceed that bar.

Small planes at 500 feet over populated areas are already in violation
of the FARs unless taking off and landing.

It all depends on what the meaning of the word "congested" is. If I thought
of Duvall, WA as congested, I wouldn't have moved there.

Doesn't really matter...congested or not the rule is a 1000 over and
2000 laterally.

I can go out and skim the tree tops (in sparsely populated areas), but
if I discover I just flew over some ones house out there, I violated
the FARs.

Don't fly low over towns, or rural subdivisions ... which would be
classed as congested areas, but that doesn't relieve the pilot from
not flying low over some ones home.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

-- David Brooks