Old April 30th 05, 07:52 PM
Jonathan Goodish

In article ,
"Bob Gardner" wrote:
I sure wouldn't count George W. as a pilot. I'm sure that there are
thousands of ex-military pilots who are no longer in the pilot
community...they never converted to civil airman status.

George W. does have a FAA certificate, as does his father. I doubt that
either of them have held valid medicals for years.

Lots of famous folks have certificates, many have valid medicals, but
its even more difficult to determine how many of those famous (or
wealthy) folks are aviation enthusiasts. I would think that a Celebrity
theme suite, as Jay expressed interest in, would benefit most from those
who are truly enthusiasts, as opposed to those who hold certificate to
get from point A to B.

JKG