Old August 1st 03, 02:28 PM
Ryan Ferguson

It would be ideal to find some actual IMC and fly in it prior to the
checkride. That's not always possible, especially in the southwest, but it
would be a good idea. It might be a littel disconcerting to you to enter your
first cloud during your flight test.

A friend of mine who's a pilot examiner gets upset when instrument applicants
cancel their checkrides due to flyable IMC. He grumbles that they must not be
ready to fly in the clouds if they can't do it without foggles.

-Ryan
CFII-A/MEI/CFI-H

Iain Wilson wrote:

Anyone IR without having actually flown in IMC? My checkride is around the
corner and I've no actual IFR yet. I'm itching to experience it but the
damned weather isn't co-operating (seemed the same way with the PPL!).

Iain