Old November 30th 16, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Flatbed truck transport of glider in trailer?

Why not take a road trip yourself? It could be fun this time of year.
Load up the family and see the sights along the way.

I would offer my services but, at a dollar per mile the cost would be
ballpark $5K. You could probably use uship.com for a lot less.

On 11/30/2016 7:45 AM, wrote:
Years ago, on a corporate move, I moved my ship via a closed trailer. We loaded and unloaded at warehouses with docks for the trucks that allowed roll on roll off. That part was OK; however, the trailer ride was so rough with the light load that the wings bounced out of their cradles and were damaged. I agree with others that the light load of just a ship in trailer may cause problems.

DVM

--
Dan, 5J