Old July 30th 18, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default RICO VACS - is the schematic available anywhere?

Genau!
Jim

On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 2:42:00 PM UTC-7, 6PK wrote:
Jim
I'm not advocating the reintroduction of an old antique instrument, and you are absolutely right it would be a giant step backwards.
What I was merely suggesting was that some of these high tech whiz-bang manufacturers shouldn't have much trouble reproducing something that actually works-namely the audio that all seemed to like, as they are constantly knocking and copying each other off anyways.
I recently, about a year ago "updated" from my old trusty 302 to a ClearNav xc vario, which is just as trusty by the way, although I'm still not all that convinced that it is all that it was quacked out to be.
It has a number of audio functions, I'm still not sure which one I like best as non of them are what I would call outstanding, but they all do make noise.
What the old Rico had to offer at least in the audio side was different from the others and seemed to make sense ( but than I'm just repeating myself)…...