Old December 16th 03, 06:12 PM
Rich S.

"Dillon Pyron" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:39:29 GMT, wrote:
OK, I think I understand. If you're in LEO and you want to go to a
higher orbit, you have to add not just altitude, but velocity. So you
point your self forward and up, light the rocket and climb and
accelerate.

Just forward. Increase the velocity, increase the orbit. Just like a
plane, increase the speed, you climb, all other things being equal.

So this explains why a J-3 can be in a geosynchronous orbit at 1000'
altitude, sittin' in one spot over I-90 while the cars whiz past!

Rich "Rocket Scientist" S.