Old May 12th 04, 03:19 AM
Javier Henderson

Default Cessna seat rails

May I refer you to:

http://www.kjsl.com/~javier/sb-1.pdf
http://www.kjsl.com/~javier/sb-2.pdf
http://www.kjsl.com/~javier/ad-1.pdf
http://www.kjsl.com/~javier/ad-2.pdf

That deals with the seat rails on Cessna single engine aircraft. It's
pretty straightforward, when the holes on the rails are elongated
beyond certain limits, or if cracks are observed, the rails need to be
replaced.

The deal is, these suckers are riveted, and the outboard rails appear
to be a pain to deal with... there's either a magic bucking bar I don't
know about, or maybe there are little Wichita-born elves that fit in
there.

So the question is, how does one deal with this seat rail replacement?

Removing them is easy enough, and a lot of the rivets are doable, but
some are not. How does one deal with the impossible ones?

Cherrymax rivets? #6 or #8 structural screws? Something else?

In case it matters, my plane is a 1973 182P, but I think the pain is
about the same in all cases.

Thanks,

-jav