Old March 21st 05, 03:57 AM
Capt. \Wild\ Bill Kelso, USAAC

Jack Allison wrote:

Capt. 'Wild' Bill Kelso, USAAC wrote:

I feel bad for those learning to fly now.. just for the costs involved. At
Chandler Airport(near Phoenix) a 172 goes for $70+/hr.

That's about the going rate around here as well (central CA, Sacramento
area). Despite the costs involved, it's well worth it for me to fulfill
lifelong dreams of flying. I've only been at it a couple of years
now and have a ton of fun (despite presently being an instrument
student...ya, I know, it's a twisted sort of "fun"). I'm working toward
co-ownership and someday hope to get a commercial rating and perhaps
become a CFI as well. Worth it? Definitely!

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student-Arrow Shopping Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Jack,

There is nothing that can take its place... flying's worse than an addiction!
And you're right, nothing compares to its fun. I do feel for those learning
now. I wish you a lot of luck.

TJ
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.