Old December 23rd 03, 07:12 AM
CH

Best chances to fly gliders in Swiss winter is
while the southerly wind "foehn" is blowing.
There are no thermals over the snow, but good
wave flying in winter up to 10'000m, if Zurich
traffic control would like you......
Inform yourself at the soaring homepage of
Schaenis, a soaring center 50km east of Zuerich
which offers service over the week as well.

http://www.schaenissoaring.ch/
live cams
http://www.schaenissoaring.ch/webcam...ectedMenuID=63

Schänis Soaring
CH-8718 Schänis

Tel. +41 55 619 60 40
Fax +41 55 619 60 49
LSZX, 416m MSL

Private, Airfield, PPR, gliding
all year open (weather independent)
....... whatever that means

just give them a call or write an email

good luck and have fun

Chris Hostettler
Melbourne

"Nick" wrote in message

I'll be working in Zürich during January and February (maybe March too)

and
I am wondering if it is possible to get a few flights in a glider

somewhere?
Are there any clubs that fly more or less regularly during the winter, and
accept guest members?

With all those nice mountains, it should be possible to get good lift
somewhere...