Old May 26th 05, 03:43 AM
ls

gilan wrote:
Do you own or are you planning to buy or build an aircraft that fits into
the Light Sport Aircraft rules? The airplane can be an older "factory"
certified airplane such as the Cub or Ercoupe, a new "factory" S-LSA or an
experimental that does or will comply with the LSA rules.

I just bought N646F, a Kolb Firestar II that's registered experimental
A/B (and is well within the LSA restrictions).

I don't plan to buy an SLSA. What few that are currently are available
are way way too expensive...

If I build my next plane, I'll likely simply register it experimental,
since about the same amount of work and paperwork will likely be
involved and I'll be able to get the repairman's cert without taking the
class.

I personally don't see any utility for the ELSA and especially the SLSA
classifications, at least not at this point.

Right now, you basically already have to have a ticket to participate in
Sport Pilot since you can't really get a Sport Pilot ticket yet. This is
more or less the same situation with the planes as well....... May as
well go experimental..

LS
N646F