Old January 22nd 05, 06:41 AM

We stand corrected on new McCauley props, after research. We did not
intend to affect sales in that market by that fine company. Our
exuberance that day followed talking to a major FBO that bought 2 used
metal props for "more than our price" and we heard/assumed "each" out
of that anecdote. Duh. OTOH, our most recent Hoffmann import went to
another major FBO compelled to "go quiet" for a small additional cost
after pricing & sourcing direct replacements.

Best wishes on finding your used prop. We understand the cost issues
to a non-profit volunteer-run club. Back channel, we've given you
leads as it is. Talk to us also about the 2 available STCs to upgrade
O-540 235 cores to 250 HP rating.

Let's also talk back channel, however, about "experience", "unproven",
"235" etc. Pawnees with either O-540 have operated fine for years in
Europe with HO 4/27s. We want to help the USA catch up and escape this
embarassment of loud towplanes.