Old March 8th 04, 10:30 PM
George Z. Bush

"Ron" wrote in message
It has my name "Steve" on it along with the Japanese equivalent
(I presume) under it. A red seal with a yellow bee in leather
flying helmet and goggles, carrying something with each pair of
its legs, and a star and bar emblem under one of its wings. A
banner under the seal says "21st Troop Carrier Squadron". On the
back a C-54 is pictured with "Bee liners" under it.

He obtained this while stationed at Tachi in the 53-54 time
period, but apparently was also in the various Japanese bases
you mentioned too from time to time.

And here I am, 50 years later, getting ready to fly a C-54 next month.

I flew HC-54s during an Air Rescue assignment at Lajes Field, Azores in the
early 60s. Good airplane. I envy you .

George Z.