Old October 19th 04, 02:43 PM
Mark James Boyd

Todd Pattist wrote:
FAR 61.189 requires a flight instructor to maintain a record
in a logbook or a separate document that contains the
following:

"(2) The name of each person that instructor has endorsed
for a knowledge test or practical test, and the record shall
also indicate the kind of test, the date, and the results. "

How does the instructor know the "date, and the results" of
the "knowledge test or practical test?"

I got a ground instructor license too, just so I wouldn't need
to keep a record of written tests (it isn't required under the
section for ground instructors).

As far as practical tests goes, I don't know of an
examiner who will schedule one without direct verbal request from
the CFI. And then I just call the examiner afterward, or look
at the temporary license issued to the student.

Or I suppose you could just wait 4 months
and look up the results under your student's name at
http://registry.faa.gov/amquery.asp
:]
--

Mark J. Boyd