Old April 20th 05, 06:04 AM

I'm absolutely serious, what's the issue?

Well since we're critiqing solutions...
1) I didn't like this one because you're asking the guy to take apart
his fancy audio panel (warrenty?). And there is a good chance that
resistor, if it exists, is a tiny surface mount part about the size of
a piece of pepper. Plus the solution only works for people who own the
same make/model audio panel.

2) I didn't like the emitter-follower amp because then you have to pull
(and breaker) power out to power the amps. His signal already has
enough power, its just the wrong impedance.

3) You might get away with this, but then again, as you alluded to,
that stereo may not like having its outputs connected to ground. Its
kind of a kludge to drive that 500 ohm input with an 8 (or less) ohm
output, there may be distortion because of the mismatch.

RST Engineering wrote:
You are kidding, aren't you?

Jim

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'd try an impedance matching transformer. Something like a Tamura
MET-17 (available from Digikey for about $20 each and other

places).
If they do what you want, put heat shrink tubing around them and

call
it a done deal.

Does your stereo or intercomm have a way of controlling the pre-amp
output volume of the music? You might be a little "hot" compared

your
comm radio.