Old November 25th 07, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Don Tuite

Default Be aware GPS Kit can be Stolen

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 00:43:11 +0000 (UTC),
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

In a previous article, virig said:
...This is not really a very good idea because it leaves a telltale
sign that the vehicle has a Gps unit which could lead to a potential
break-in...

Yeah, it would be a real shame if thieves stole my Garmin 296 and I had to
use the insurance money to buy a 496. So don't tell any thieves anywhere
near Windemere Rd, Rochester NY that I have a GPS in my black Toyota
Corolla with a kayak on the roof rack, ok?

Kayak on the roof in Rochester in November. Global warming is here!

Don