Old March 22nd 09, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

Default Metric Hardware ( was Aerodynamics of Towing)

On Mar 21, 7:12*pm, The Real Doctor wrote:
On 21 Mar, 23:35, Tech Support wrote:

Don't bitch.The P-51, with Merlin engine, had one set of tools for
engine and another set for airplane. That was back in 40's (WWII) )
Crew chief carried two bags when he went to work on bird.

The Citroen 2CV came with two (I think, may have been three) spanners
which allowed you to do anything up to and including a full engine
rebuild.

Ian

The P-51, however, at least had the excuse of being a wartime
project. GM, Chrysler, and (I assume) other US automakers don't have
that going for them. They really do need to pick a standard and stick
with it.
.... and I can do everything short of a bottom end rebuild or tranny
rebuild on my 36 year old BMW motorcycle with the tools in the stock
tool kit plus a torque wrench.