Old July 14th 15, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skywise

Default Electric plane at Paris Airshow

george152 wrote in news:wradneBQuZ6mgznInZ2dnUU7-
:

On 18/06/2015 4:21 p.m., Skywise wrote:
wrote in :

I would take any number of seats, 4 hour endurance, 30 minute
recharge time, a guarantied 6 year battery life, and a battery
replacement cost of less than $10,000.

Battery life is going to be dictated by number of cycles,
not time. And, I would imagine there would be a 'black box'
recording battery use for warranty purposes. At least that's
what I'd do if I were selling them.

Brian

The current toy evidently 'cooked' a number of the onboard batteries
during its 'record breaking' Japan-Hawaii leg

My guess, based on my electric RC modelling experience, is that
they were recharging them a little hot. Batteries usually can be
discharged much faster than they can be recharged. But I admit
that I don't even know off hand which battery technology they
are using. I used lithium-polymers.

Brian
--
http://www.earthwaves.org/forum/index.php - Earth Sciences discussion